The Biggest Things
- For the man who called me for advice about how to get published
- 20 answers to the question: “But what should I blog about?”
- "Not Like the Rest of Us": Ten Thoughts on Cole Porter as Native Hoosier
- Last Lecture: "Am I a writer?"
- David Haynes: "My goal is to produce novelists, not novels."
- Why Downton Abbey is Addictive (and Instructive)
- SOP: Do's and Don'ts
- How to Ask for a Letter of Recommendation for MFA Programs
- Linda Died 57 Years Ago Today
Tags/TopicsAWP Ball State Ben Clark Beth Turcotte Big Thing Blackboard blogging Cole Porter creative writing programs Dan Chaon Downton Abbey Fiction Writers Review gamification Jennifer Egan Linda Porter literary citizenship Madison Smartt Bell manuscript MFA Midwest Writers Workshop Muncie NaNoDra2Mo NaNoWriMo notecards novel novel workshop pantser pedagogy Powerpoint process blog short story social media storyboard students syllabus teaching creative writing Teaching Tuesday The Circus in Winter Twitter William Faulkner workshop Writer's Center of Indiana writeshop writing group writing process
- Judith (Craft) Walker on “Not Like the Rest of Us”: Ten Thoughts on Cole Porter as Native Hoosier
- Adrian Valenz on 20 answers to the question: “But what should I blog about?”
- Scriitori vorbind despre scris ca meserie on A Story about Creativity
- Cathy Day on Linda Died 57 Years Ago Today
- Trish on Linda Died 57 Years Ago Today
Monthly Archives: October 2011
The eight-show run of The Circus in Winter: the Musical is at an end, but here are some links to news coverage, photos, videos, even a TV commercial about this amazing project.
Dear former student o’ mine, Thanks for your email/Facebook message asking for a LOR. I’m glad to hear that you want to pursue a graduate degree in creative writing. This is one of those moments in life—like graduation, marriage, the … Continue reading