The Biggest Things
- For the man who called me for advice about how to get published
- 20 answers to the question: “But what should I blog about?”
- "Not Like the Rest of Us": Ten Thoughts on Cole Porter as Native Hoosier
- Last Lecture: "Am I a writer?"
- David Haynes: "My goal is to produce novelists, not novels."
- Why Downton Abbey is Addictive (and Instructive)
- SOP: Do's and Don'ts
- How to Ask for a Letter of Recommendation for MFA Programs
- Linda Died 57 Years Ago Today
Tags/TopicsAWP Ball State Ben Clark Beth Turcotte Big Thing Blackboard blogging Cole Porter creative writing programs Dan Chaon Downton Abbey Fiction Writers Review gamification Jennifer Egan Linda Porter literary citizenship Madison Smartt Bell manuscript MFA Midwest Writers Workshop Muncie NaNoDra2Mo NaNoWriMo notecards novel novel workshop pantser pedagogy Powerpoint process blog short story social media storyboard students syllabus teaching creative writing Teaching Tuesday The Circus in Winter Twitter William Faulkner workshop Writer's Center of Indiana writeshop writing group writing process
Tag Archives: MWW
For the last few years, I’ve ended my classes with a presentation/pep talk on Literary Citizenship (basically this post as a Power Point). But next semester, I’m going to teach a whole class on Literary Citizenship. Course descriptions are due … Continue reading →
1. The Midwest Writers Workshop, or MWW for short, happens in my town! A few miles from my house! Muncie, Indiana, July 26-28, 2012. 2. MWW’s faculty this year includes a Pulitzer finalist, a paranormal romance YA author, four literary agents, a best-selling … Continue reading →